The programme aims to fulfil the following objectives:
- To provide high quality ethics-based media education for holistic development
- To focus on theoretical knowledge, technical skills and practical exposer for progressive career
- To propel out of box thinking, professional approach and problem solving etiquettes
- To prepare future-ready trained media and communication professionals
- To promote writing and research practices among students
- To develop habit of respecting human values and socio-cultural plurality
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: To prepare media professionals to meet the industry needs who fully understand the importance of the freedom of the press and ethical communication, comprehend the laws and ethics related to media, have sound understanding and knowledge about judicial, parliamentary and legislative proceedings and gain experience in the applications of media laws in highlighting people’s problems
PSO2: To lead a successful career in public and private media and communication sectors by developing awareness among them enabling them to inform, educate and entertain for a sustainable society
PSO3: To develop ethically responsible media professional who can be the responsible gatekeeper of public good
PSO4: To boost the advocacy skills among students and eventually convert them in to employment generators rather than employment seekers.
PSO5: To add value through media teaching and quality research in a socially responsible and ethical manner
Program Outcomes (POs)/Graduate Attributes
PO1: Knowledge is Power: Introduce students to various media and communication domains related so that they are exposed to and have sound knowledge of fundamental communication concepts and processes, as well as an appropriate orientation for skill development.
PO2: Effective Communication: Speak, read, write, listen and communicate clearly in person and through electronic media, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
PO3: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Take informed actions after identifying the assumptions that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) from different perspectives. To enable students to understand and critically examine the problems with practical approach in order to organize, deliver and critique effective arguments and rebuttals.
PO4: Ethics: Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them. Utilize ethical communication when developing arguments while simultaneously taking into consideration diverse audiences.
PO5: Research Skills: Develop skill and expertise in research using modern tools and creating, selecting, and applying appropriate techniques, resources in dealing with diverse socio-economic issues. Apply requisite research tools and techniques to appropriately disseminate information.
PO6: Multidisciplinary Approach: Develop highest order of behavioral and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate initiative and lead by example. Practice effectively both as an individual and as a team member.
PO7: Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
PO8: Law-abiding Citizens: Ensuring social viability of our actions through responsible behaviour, demonstrate empathetic social, and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
PO9: Self-directed and Life-long Learning: Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context socio-technological changes.
PO10: Sustainable Climate: Understand the issues of environmental contexts and sustainable development.
- Highly qualified and experienced mentors
- Committed to holistic development of every student
- Exposure to global media ecosystem and landscape
- Skill enhancement programme focusing on communication, advocacy and analytical abilities
- Focus on developing out of box thinking and problem solving approach
- Exposure to participate in competitions held at the national and international level
- Opportunity for students to participate in activities like theatres, live debates, spot photography, etc.
- Regular interaction with top media professionals and industry leaders for practical exposure
- State of the art audio visual and computer labs with Wi-Fi facility
- Internship in reputed media and communication entities
- Rich Library with books, journals, magazines, e-materials
- Real life experience sharing by media persons, RJ, Anchors, public policy makers, and other leading personalities
Summer Internship in Reputed Companies
- ABP News
- Times Now
- Aaj Tak
- Republic TV
- Shahara TV
- Nav Bharat Times
- Dainik Jagran
- Hindustan Times
- Short Hills Pvt. Ltd.
- Viral Fission
- Amar Ujala
- Ms. Sikha, RJ, Rama Radio
- Dr. Kumar Kaustubha, Senior Assoc. Producer, TV Today Group
- Mr. Vijay Kumar, Senior Producer, TV9